Tuesday, August 11

Good Friends R Hard 2 Find

Good friends are hard to find, unless your mom & dad establish a BFF for you before you're born! That's what we did with Remi & Audrey :) They may not know it yet, but they are BFFs...for now! This is a pic from this weekend, camping at Groveland Oaks in northern Oakland County.
We've found that it's much easier to camp close to home and we found a real gem in this campground. We camped with the usual suspects...Nelson's, Chrysler's and Evangelista's and we were joined by a group of other friends camping close by. We went up on Thursday night and Randy drove from the campground to work on Friday. We had great weather Friday...RAIN RAIN and more RAIN Saturday and Sunday it was 95+ degrees, so we enjoyed the beach before having to pack up and head home. It was a great weekend!!!

Remi and I head out tomorrow to visit my brother's fam in Charlotte and my mom and dad are going to join us too. We can't wait, although I am a little anxious about Remi's first flight. Hopefully, she's a born traveler like her momma! I've got a bag full of tricks, so check back next week for a full report.

On another front, I'm still job searching. I've applied to SOOOO many jobs, and nothing! But, it is a rough market out there. My mentality - God will provide the opportunity when it's right! Pray for our family during this time.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck on the flight....I'm sure Remi will be superstar. Have a fantastic time w/your family as well. I love the picture of Audrey kissing Remi. Those girls are a couple of cuties!!
-Melissa

And continued luck and prayers on your job search. You've got a great attitude :)

Heather said...

Ooh I just love that pictures of the girls!

Christa said...

Wish we could have made it camping last weekend! Damn schedules! Can't get them straight. Glad you all had "some" good weather. We thought of you all on Saturday with all the rain. Miss you all! Can't wait to see/camp with everyone on Labor Day!

I'm sure you and Remi will do great traveling together! Have a wonderful time w/ your family!!

I've been praying for you on the job front! Hopefully something will be waiting for you upon your return!! :-D
Hugs to all!

Sally Nelson said...

...arranged friendships! Gotta love it! I really do think they love each other though ...you can't fake those smiles!