This morning I went to the doctor for my 34 week appt. and to see if baby Remi had turned from her transverse (sideways) position. Well folks, the verdict is in...Remi is head down and preparing to make her debut!
She's weighing in today at 6 lbs. 6 oz. with a heartbeat of 152, currently in the 89th percentile. The doc said that she's going to be a big baby...possibly 9 lbs if I go to 40 weeks. Yep! And then the doctor, while measuring her head, says to me..."wow! that's a large noodle!" Then I asked when they determine if the head is too large to deliver. His answer: during labor!
At this ultrasound, they check for 8 things...(movement, fluid, bone size, head size...etc) and Remi rec'd 8/8! So, he's said she's doing great! I saw her kidneys, and her spine and her big ole' noggin.
One little funny detail...which is probably a little more info than most of you want to know...but I thought it was funny. He said, "If your water breaks at home...you're gonna need a mop!" HA! In other words...lil' Remi is swimming around in quite a bit of amniotic fluid, which is good! For you ladies...when it comes to "gush" vs. "trickle" -- definitely a gush!
"Dear Lord, please don't let my water break at work, church, the grocery store or Target!!...Amen" HA HA!
That's the latest. My next appt is in 2 weeks, then it's once a week from here on out :)
T minus 38 days...OH MY!
4 comments:
You know what they say large noodle = smart cookie! Don't worry about her size, doctors always over exaggerate the delivery size ...just as Heather Z.
Oh so exciting! You're going to have such a cute noodle :)
Brooks' friend Kelly had her water break in the middle of JCrew! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it won't happen to you that way!!
Oh yes ..those great ultrasounds ..wayyy off..lol! The only accurate reading we ever got was when I was in labor and being checked into the hospital and they did one last ultrasound. That one was accurate:) Can't wait to meet your lil' lady!
Post a Comment