Today, Randy and I spent our day in the...triage labor and delivery! I slipped on some black ice this morning and when I hadn't felt her move I called my doc and they had me go in immediately to check on the baby. I was a mess, so a coworker drove me to the hospital and Randy met me there and they admitted me. They couldn't find her heartbeat for about 30 minutes, so the midwife on call performed an ultrasound...and there she was...all curled up, resting. They said that because of my stress, my veins tightened up and when that happens it slows everything down for the baby and that's why we couldn't get her heartbeat at first. So, they hooked me up and we sat there for 4 hours listening to her heartbeat and they monitored me for contractions...which I didn't have a single one! Thank goodness!! Remi's heartbeat is strong and once I calmed down, she was as active as ever!!! What a little sport :) We were at the back of the triage L/D area and my monitor had sound...and the volume was pretty loud. The nurses thought it was funny because after a while she was moving around so much that they could hear her kicking at the nurses station :) That's my girl...and as the nurses described her,...a feisty lil' one!!
It was so scary for us!!!! But, now I'm home and resting with a few bruises that I didn't leave with this morning. The most important thing...our baby girl is doing great! :) We can just think of this as a bonus photo session for Remi! Although, her mom and dad would've just settled for a scheduled ultrasound in 2 weeks. However, we did learn today that our Remi is head down and weighs 3 lbs.
Stay tuned for updates.
5 comments:
I'm so sorry that you had this scare. I hate to think how worried you and Randy must have been. Very happy to hear all is well!
Love from Audrey's Grandma Nelson.
Oh, what a stressful day! I'm so happy everything is alright. Its important to feel those baby kicks!!
-Melissa
REMI! Don't scare your mom and dad like that! You can play games as soon as your in your mom and dad's arms ...until then you must be on your best behavor!
...oh, and Mom ...NO more falling!
Oh my goodness! ..those little ones are tougher than we give them credit for, huh? Well I'm glad all that you walked away with were some bruises...maybe you should just stay at home and watch movies on icy day's...play it safe!!
I fell too when I was pregnant with Baillie...so I get the stress! I am glad it worked out!
Amy
Post a Comment