Saturday, May 2

I week old today!

Remi is one week old today. It's hard to believe she's ours, but we are still on cloud 9 with our baby girl.


We came home from the hospital on Wednesday and are quite happy to be home!!


Buck was really happy to see us too! So happy, we don't think he even realized his lil' sister was in tow :)

Buck meets his lil' sister for the first time!
The ride from the hospital was quite emotional for me. I was scared to be taking such precious cargo home. But, we made it...safe and sound. The first night was ROUGH! But, we also survived that adventure. There were a lot of tears shed that first night, mostly by me...but Remi did her fair share too :)

Our second night was MUCH better!!! Thanks to a little contraption called SWADDLE ME :) What an amazing "device" - I hope to see many ZZZZZZZZ's in Remi's future when using this!!!

We went to the pediatrician yesterday and she's all good - weighing in at 7 lbs. 10.5 oz. She's doing great! We did have to go back to the hospital today to test for Jaundice, but that test all came back clear and we were very pleased :) Nursing is going great and Remi is adjusting to her new home quite nicely. She HATES, absolutely HATES, getting her diaper changed. But, her dad is a champ and does a great job at soothing her and calming her once that scary ordeal is over.

Remi & Audrey finally met! I just had to post this as we plan for them to be the best of friends. Audrey wasn't real sure what Remi was, especially when she cried. It was cute!
Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers for our family! We are truly blessed and couldn't be happier.

I have to especially thank my mom and dad for all they've done this week. They are staying with us and my mom has cooked every meal, cleaned all the messes and washed all the laundry! It means A LOT to have them here!!

Because it has taken me 4 days to post this...I'll leave you with the many faces of Remi to tide you over :)
Ooooooh!

OH!!!!!

And the all too familiar..."hurry up and change my diaper!" face...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Gracious! I bet that last pic has an ear-piercing wail to go along with it!! Glad to hear the "settling in" phase is going well for the Partins!
Love, Parker

Anonymous said...

yep, still cute! Glad to hear you are doing well. the first night is so terrifying but you guys made it through. I will call ya next week to set up a visit and bring ella over.

love ya, danielle

Kele C said...

Congrats, she really is adorable! The funny thing is we still are amazed that Jake is really ours. They are just so great that it seems like we're borrowing them. Babies got to love them! Good luck in these first few weeks!