Remi's birth day story is one for the books...here's the detailed version for you!
We arrived to Troy Beaumont on Friday at 4 p.m. to be induced. When I was checked by the nurse, we found out that I was dilated to 1 cm. We were happy to hear this progress and just knew all was going to go well for us. So, they admitted me and got us settled into our labor/delivery room #4. Throughout the night, my doctor administered medication to soften my cervix and help start dilation. So, we sat around...ordered pizza and just relaxed, our last night as "Randy and Krista".
On Saturday a.m. I woke at 5 a.m. with lots of anxiety and anticipation for what the day was to bring. I got ready and at 6 a.m. they began a Pitocin drip to induce labor. I was quite impatient, asking the nurses to give me their opinion of my progress each and every time they came to our room to check in on me. At 11:15 a.m. my doctor came in and checked me - I was only dilated to 2 cm and my doc then decided to break my water to begin progressing my labor, and boy did it ever!!!
My contractions progressed at a crazy rate and this is when it started getting fun. Randy was a TROOPER...massaging my feet throughout my contractions that by 2 p.m. had me climbing the walls and I was in a tremendous amount of pain. When the nurses saw how painful my contractions were, they called in the doc to check my progression...I was still at 2 cm. so they inserted a monitor to check the actual intensity of the contractions. When my doc realized that my contractions were measuring the rate of a 8-10 cm dilation, she asked if I wanted an epidural...I said YES! so, I received the epidural. After 1-2 hours, the epidural had worn off and I was feeling the contractions again...oh so painful!!
At 5:10ish, my doc checked me again and still, 2 cm. She said that the baby's head was swollen from trying to push through my cervix and at that point turned to Randy and I and said that a c-section was the best option for us. I've never seen people move so quickly, within 5 minutes, my nurses and doctors were all prepped, ready, Randy was in scrubs and we were rolling into the OR. We were overwhelmed with emotion and we couldn't hold back our tears...we were scared...everything was moving so quickly. My mom and Randy's mom were both in the room at the time of the decision and were equally scared.
So, into the OR I went...Randy was waiting in the hallway for the word to enter the room and sit by y side during the c-section. With my epidural already, they administered the spinal meds through that port. After about 5-6 injections, I could still feel everything...especially the sharp objects about to be used to open me up! So, the doctor made the decision to put me completely under. They went and told Randy that he wouldn't be able to join me either...I was scared, he was scared, but my surgery had already began. The next thing I knew, I was waking up next to my husband and daughter, sitting together in recovery! I woke to a TON of pain in my abdomen, but was happy to see my family surrounding me! :)
So, that's the story. Due to the amount of medication and the amount of pain I had from the surgery, we were placed back in the L/D area of the hospital so I could be monitored for the next 24 hours. Remi was taken to the nursery for the night, as I was so groggy from surgery, I couldn't even stay awake to hold her.
We didn't sleep much the first night as we wondered about our baby girl all night long!! I was monitored every hour and each time the nurse would enter my room, I would wake up and ask her when I would see my baby! I was a mess!!! :)
So, that's our story for the long story, but if you know me at all you know I'm detailed. Remi is just precious and we can't wait for her to meet all of you! :) Randy is in LOVE, and so am I!! She's just precious. Here are some pics of the new and improved Partin family :)
Love at first sight!
Remi and Mommy finally meet!
Daddy shares the news with Granny & Grandma - Remi has arrived safe and sound!
Day 1
Grandma and Remi
D-daddy, Granny & Remi
Our family!
Resting so sweetly!
9 comments:
Oh Congratulations on a beautiful beautiful little girl! Sally passed on a picture from her visit with you guys also and I think she looks just like you:) Good luck with your first few days with Remi and we can't wait to meet her:)
Your birth story probably wasn't exactly how you would have liked, but the most important thing is the outcome ...and she's perfect:)
I'm sorry you had such and ordeal, but look at the outcome-She's Beautiful!!! :-) I think she looks just like her mommy :-) Get your rest while you can and I can't wait to hear how Remi, Mom & Dad are doing in the next couple of weeks!! Enjoy your new baby girl!!!! :-) Love you guys!
I love the picture in the basket, by the way!! Way too cute!!! :-)
That is quite a birth story!!! I'm so happy that eveyone is doing well. She is precious! I told Kyle how cute she was....and added she really was cute, I just wasn't saying that :) Welcome to parenthood.....its better than I ever expected.
-Melissa
Wow! What a birth story - No wonder you were so groggy when I called on Sat nite! (You had me a little worried!) Completely understand now :)She's beautiful! Ya'll look so incredibly happy, and I see quite a resemblance between Mommy and Daughter. I can't wait to meet her...5 weeks from tomorrow!
Luv ya! Parker
These birth stories happen to the best of us :) It all turns out okay. Remi is a super cute newbie and will get even more adorable as time goes by. Congrats!
We're so happy she's finally here! She is beautiful just as I said she would be. I would of tried to explain that "love" feeling but I think it's indescribable until you have you very own, and it just grows with time. You and Randy are going to be great parents!
She is just adorable. I am so glad I got to meet her and hold her. I am very happy for you and randy. it was also nice to meet your parents. i will give you a call and come by with ella soon. enjoy it!
love ya, danielle
Congrats to you both on the birth of your beautiful little baby girl! I have to agree she does look alot like her Mommy.After all that you went through it is wonderful that everything worked out so well. What a great time for both of you and of course for Remi to finally meet her Daddy and Mommy!
My grandson Sammy is very lucky to be adding Remi to his list of cute little girlfriends!
Sammy's Grammy (Donna)
Post a Comment